Board of Trustees
My name is Mark Williams. I have been on the board since 2015 and board chair since 2016, I have Matilda at Rewa Rewa School and my son Aston is a past student.
During my time on the board, we have accomplished some significant milestones, such as;
- Refurbishment of our school swimming pool and securing an ongoing contract with EasySwim for operation
- Welcoming the Wellington RTLB Service (Resource Teaching Learning Behavior) onsite
- Extensive remodelling of our learning spaces
- Exterior painting of all of our buildings
- Installation of a fantastic new adventure playground
Whilst these are big ticket items, we also focus on:
- Working with the principal and consulting with staff, students and the community
- Setting educational goals and the strategic direction of the school
- Monitoring progress and informing parents on how the school is progressing against its annual targets and on the development of students
- Deciding how the school’s funding will be spent
- Being actively involved in interviewing for staff positions and the development of all staff
- Overseeing the management of staff, property, finances, curriculum and administration
As a parent, you can assist us by:
- Bringing your work/life experiences to assist with projects around our school
- Joining the Home & School Parent Committee to assist with fundraising and events
- Assisting with morning and/or afternoon Road Patrol
I welcome any questions you may have.
My wife Megan and I have two children, Aston and Matilda who are past students of Rewa Rewa. I am proud to have been a member of the Rewa Rewa School Board of Trustees since 2015 and Presiding Member (Chairperson) since 2016. I enjoy being part of the Board, as it allows me to work with other passionate parents, bringing to the table the skills that I have to further our school and our student’s potential. Now is the time for me to step aside as Presiding member and I will not be seeking election at the upcoming BOT elections taking place in September 2022. Email me if you want to find out about joining the board and what it involves.
I joined the Board three years ago. I wasn’t sure, at the time, what I had signed-up for. However, looking back I am happy and proud that I did. My three kids have been through Rewa Rewa, with my youngest now in Year 6. That is total of more than a decade of association with Rewa Rewa School. Being a Board member I have been fortunate to see both perspectives – as a parent and as a member of the governance team.
During my time I have been part of several iterations of change. What gives me satisfaction is that as a Board Member I was part of the decision-making and felt that parent voice/concerns were always right and centre at the table.
Over the past couple of years, this school, like all others, has experienced turbulent times due to pandemic-related disruptions. It is at this time I felt the strength and momentum created by having all the members present and reaching out for a common objective. As a result, I believe we have come out stronger and better.
I have had two children successfully go through Rewa Rewa and currently have my son Paxton in the new entrants class. I have been on the Board since 2013 and it has been my privilege to see the school grow into the amazing place it is today.
I enjoy being a parent representative; it has been a rewarding 9 years, I have learnt so much. I encourage others to find out more and see if it’s something they might be intrested in doing, you won’t regret it.
I believe every child should have the opportunity to achieve their unique potential and Rewa Rewa School has an amazing ability to achieve that. I’m very proud of our school, I firmly believe in the education, social and cultural environment it provides. Our school has a lot of heart, come and join the BOT team.